At the time of westward expansion, The American Frontier, 1861 — a space ship crashes into the Rockies, changing the lives of those settled there forever.
Sheriff Clay Everdean swears to bring order to the new frontier full of critters, creatures, portals and guns:
– an amnesiac hell beast born to track hunts for where on earth it belongs
– a lovesick prospector and his colicky son sort through the space ship wreckage luck landed in their laps
– outlaw Wesley Gorton schemes to reclaim the West from settlers and set it free and wild again
– a shape-shifting critter scours the county for a powerful crystal clear as lake water
– a bartered boy is brought into the Gorton gang and raised into legend
– an orphaned girl with all the grit of her father and strength of her mother embarks on a treacherous journey
From hill folk to ranch hands, bandits and tribes, the characters of Jetsam fit together like clockwork, in this sprawling tale of morals, borders and villains. When good and evil meet with locomotive force, nothing will ever be the same.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
District 9 meets A Confederacy of Dunces set in the western frontier.
Imagine if Cormac McCarthy and the Coen Brothers were commissioned to write a western adventure for kids.
Fantastic. Funny. Dark and sprawling. Fantastic! I couldn't put it down.
AERODYNAMICS of YES
This book explores the Aerodynamics of Yes as an approach to celebrating one another, building ensemble and getting out of our heads and into our scenes.
Good improv can seem magical, but let's not make it more mystical than it is. Stop praying to the improv Gods and take responsibility for what you can control. Sweat the technique, be empowered by it, understand the science and why it works. Then, trust in it, play confidently, and be excellent to each other.
Each chapter provides practical guidelines that will add dimension, direction and lift to your improv scenes.
Lessons address: Teaching, Teams, Rehearsals, Ensemble, Homework, Improv fundamentals and the 4Track Form.
Christian Capozzoli holds a masters in Literature and Education from Harvard University, he designed an improv curriculum for NYC high schools, and performs at the UCB Theatre. He travels instructing improv at festivals, schools and corporations the world over.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
Chris Roberti, Performer
An Instant Classic. More essential, immediate and inviting than any other improv book.
Dan Diggles, Marymount Professor
An improv Must. This book and Christian's teachings are a revelation.
Alistair Cook, Performer/Instructor
This is Ivy league improv instruction. Learn the aerodynamics of yes from one of the best emerging minds in New York improvisation.